An accidental fire has caused an estimated $40,000 damage to an East Devonport home in the early hours of Thursday morning Today. The Tasmania Fire Service said it received a triple-0 call to a home at Marine St at 4.44 am. The resident was alerted to the blaze by their fire alarm and evacuated the house. Crews from Devonport and Latrobe attended and extinguished the fire around the top of the chimney flue.
#Australian Moto2 rider Remy Gardner involved in nasty crash #Australia’s Women Footballers Get Equal Pay Deal for a Landmark of gender equality in sports #Vow and Declare won the Australia’s most popular horse race the Melbourne Cup 2019 #Man arrested after alleged street racing led to driver crashing car into Stobie pole at Mile End South #Glenn Maxwell to take a short break from cricket due to difficulties with mental health #An allegedly drunk P-plater has lost his licence after crashing on tram tracks in the city. #Man who allegedly threatened police with an axe shot dead #China and US agreed to a tariff rollback in phase one trade if the deal is completed #Hundreds of koalas feared dead in blaze. #Australian veteran Les Arnel dies